Friday, January 26, 2007


AQUA

I never use to drink water, only to wash the food down when I eat. When my health started to get bad, my friend started to get on my case about drinking water. She made a deal with me and all!!! She said that I will definitely see results in my health if I consistently drink water throughout the day and if not then she’ll stop bugging me. And when I mean bugging she bugged!!! She checked every day (we work together) if I had a bottle of water, every 10 minutes to see if I took a sip, I couldn’t leave work at the end of the day until I drank my whole water bottle. I took on the challenge and I admit it worked. I feel way healthier now and I crave water. The only thing is that I never got the answer as to Why I needed Water? And, Why is Drinking Water good for me?



Water gives oxygen to your cells and releases toxins from your body. It also helps your body temperature to regulate. Water is about 70% of our body weight. We loose water throughout the day by urinating, sweating. We can not survive without water. Water flushes all the bad toxins out of our bodies.

Without water you will feel fatigue, tired and can not concentrate. You will become dehydrated causing a dry mouth, headaches, thick and dry skin, chap lips, kidney stones, urinary tracts, and constipation.

3 ways our body gets water:
1. We drink it- as mentioned we must drink 8 glasses, at least, of water everyday.
2. We eat it-water comes from the food we eat. Fruits and vegetables contain a lot of water in them.
3. Chemical reactions that occurs in our body.

More water means healthy you! Water can help you digest your food, have a clearer complexion, and help you to loose weight. Water also helps your immune system by draining all of the “germs” out!!! That’s why Doctor’s always say drink lots of fluids when you’re sick!!!!

The websites I received my information from:

No comments: